Thursday, August 20, 2015

So 30 Rock-ness

Ed and I went to a street fair the other day on 6th Ave (Avenue of the Americas).  We ended up walking by one side of Rockefeller Center where there are always cars and it is hard to get a could view of the reliefs.
.
Well, I got them this time and wanted to share.
.
This is the in the middle of the reliefs on 6th.  Just south of Radio City Music Hall.
.
This is the male relief to the right, riding an eagle.

Female on the left, riding a swan.
I'll have to see if I can figure out what they are support to mean later.  I mean, I know the Swan symbolizes fertility and the Eagle justice or strength.  But I don't understand the significance of the center.
.
- bleh
.
Never mind on the explanation.  I just found the detail on the Rockefeller Center site and it is a boring explanation.
.

Pegasus and a woman with a torch symbolizing "Present" is silly.  I prefer to make up my own, thank you.