Thursday, April 28, 2016

So, this guy Rick...

When I was first on the Condo Board, a guy Rick was on it with me.  Now Rick and I never really clicked.  Which was odd because we are near the same age and he is from Southern California and (like me) he worked at Disneyland as a youth.
.
I asked where he worked once and he wouldn't tell me, but said he ended every trip with the words "Now you will exit to the real Jungle, California Traffic".
.
Well once you say that you tell a cast member that, then you don't have to say more.  He was a captain on the Jungle Cruise.  I was impressed.
.
The Jungle Cruise
I mean, really impressed - which is so SoCal, I know.  To be a Captian you had to be cute, funny and quick witted to deal with a live Cruise every day. Those teenagers are annoyed and they think they are funny.  Plus it isn't a first year gig.  You have to work at Disneyland a year or two to get that gig.
.
Now the Rick I knew wasn't any of those things, but I figure maybe he just grew out of them.
.
Well, then we were going down the elevator and he was talking to someone else about his time at Disney.  He said he worked on the Tom Sawyer Boats.  The Tom Sawyer Boats!
.
FIRST - You aren't supposed to say that line at the end of the Tom Sawyer Boats - which wasn't a surprise because he was kind of a liar by implication in my dealings with him.
.
SECOND - I think you shouldn't imply you did the Jungle Cruise when you really ran the Tom Sawyer Bus.  That is like talking about your job as a race car driver when you drive the Sanitation Truck.  I mean the Sanitation Truck is fine, and a critical job, but you aren't Indianapolis 500 material.
.
The Tom Sawyer Boats...phffft.
.
Its a 45 second schlep across the water to Tom Sawyer's Island - you Liar!