Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Stupid and Sore

So about 10 days ago, we went to see Kyle Dean Massey. As you recall, it was great.

I was in a great mood. Everything went really really well. Dinner was unexceptional, but Eddie and I had fun at the Tapas bar, so who cares. And then, 54 Below (the venue) sat us at a very nice table with our friends. AND, our friends loved the singer. I was happy as a clam.

I was also, I will admit, a little buzzed. I am always worrying about the other shoe dropping. Honestly, like 24/7 worried that something I really want us to do will fall apart (yes, I know at 58 I should get over it - but old habits are hard to break).  So, as the evening worked well, I got too buzzed.

Okay, in this case, let us use the word drunk.

And, once home, in a fantastic mood, I decided to slide down the stair railing.

It did not go well.

I think I bruised a rib.

Wannt wah!

The stairway in question with Trevor for scale.