Tuesday, November 07, 2017

I Love Mr. Robot sooooo much

Mr. Robot is NOT a show for everyone. I mean, really really really, not a show for everyone.

Sometimes I think it is a show only for me.

It plays with reality, trust and perception so much that you have to WATCH it. You can't multi-task or miss a beat then catch up. You have to give it your full attention - which is different than most entertainment right now. And for, I assume, most people - the reward of the show isn't worth the investment.

Season 2 was kind of a slog. I mean there were some absolutely mind-blowing episodes - the 1970s sitcom with a laugh track episode to tamp down the pain was perfection and heartbreaking and confusing as hell until it wasn't.  But in general, the show seemed a even more confusing for even less of a payoff.

But this season is hypnotic. And it calls back to season 2 in a way that is almost like muscle memory.

But, you either know this and love it or didn't put up with the crap and think I'm crazy.

Which I am, but that isn't the point here. :-)