Thursday, July 22, 2004

I am sure that somewhere

I am sure that somewhere in the world you can find a ruder group of people than Japanese and Taiwanese vacationers at a 5 star free breakfast bar.  I hope I never see that place.

The buffet, by the way, was horrible.  Only the dim sum and pollo adobe was edible (Philippines is a weird mix of cultures).

After the 28th person pushed in front of me and mumbled "I'm sorry." I lost it.  I said, "No you're not."  They gave me a little double take and let me through.

That, my dear friends is the key.  Be a bastard.  I was the mean 6 foot blond amoung the sea of of short nasty little men and women.  Thereafter, when ever I was shoved, pushed, stepped on (twice mind you) and elbowed, the tin-y "I'm sorry" would follow.  Then the big ugly blond ape, would loudly say, "You aren 't sorry.  Don't do it."

Finally the bond apeman was left alone.  I am sure that all of the people at the buffet went back to Lilliput and had great stories to tell as they careen around in their little clown cars in their little clown cities, all the while screaming, "sorry".

Time for Scooter to go home.