Thursday, October 20, 2005

Come on - you have to apprciate the irony in this

Okay - regardless of political bent you have to laugh at the irony of this. Follow me for a moment.

George Bush appoints Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

Harriet, never having been a judge, never written an opinion on Constitutional Law or done anything that would make her qualified for this role - gets hammered by the left and the right.

Laura Bush goes on NBC Today show and says, some of the attacks on Harriet Miers are sexist - because she is a woman. But Larua knows and trusts her.

And everyone nods a little and says, well Laura is a little off-base here; but no reason to go after Laura Bush.

Now reread this as Hillary Clinton goes onto the today show, says trust Bill on picking a smart judge -even though there is no proof. And, Hillary says, if you dont' agree you are sexist.

Tell this to a Republican and watch them stammer as they tell you why it is different (boiling down to they hate Hillary and/or Bill).

Really, you have to appreciate the irony. I do.
Cuz if Bill Clinton said trust me - I would sign on right now. But Bush says trust me - and I think Weapons of Mass Distruction?, I think fund Raising during Hurricane Katrina? I think not.

It all depends on yoru point of view.