Thursday, December 13, 2012

Mystified & Pleased

So, of the nominations for the Golden Globes, by far the most surprising to me was Jack Black in Bernie.
.
Ed, Randy and I watched Bernie.  Actually only Randy and I finished it - Ed doesn't like black humor. Randy and I - on the other hand - thought it was HIGHlarious.  Now the totally weird thing is that I didn't even know it played in a theater.  You would think with Shirley MacLaine and Matthew McConaughey it would have generated more buzz.
.
But Matthew was purposefully paunchy and Shirley was a mean old lady bitch in this (again - on purpose).
.
Jack Black was great.  And you really learned to hate Shirley MacLaine (more than you already did).
.
Netflix it if you like black humor.  It takes a few minutes to get rolling, but then it is great.