Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Walking in this city is fun

So, on Sunday I had brunch with some friends.  It was over on Lexington and 48th.  I took the Subway “Shuttle” to Grand Central and then walked up to the restaurant.
.
I have to say, for a guy like me, that loves architectural details – this is an amazing city.
.
First I had to stop for a great shot of the Grand Central Clock and windows.
.
Leaving the Terminal at the North end, I exited onto the back of the Helmsley Hotel.  It has an old canopy hanging that would be a wonder in most any other place.

.

.

The details at the canopy supports, the window-grate and the figures are just so cool.
.
Farther up on Lex, I saw another Hotel with wonderful creatures seat about the entrance

.
On the way back, I walked by the front of the Hotel and this time I was stopped by the clock.  I love the decorative details of the place.  I posted some of these to Instagram – but I wanted to share.