Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Ed Is Impossible to Buy For...

So my Eddie is a fantastic person, but almost impossible to buy presents for. If he wants something, he gets it - generally. Which is great and he proposes the same for me. Also great.

But it does make it hard to buy presents - particularly surprise presents...

But I occasionally do it.

This year in Lisbon, he saw some plates the royal family used, that he kind of loved. He loves dragons.  He took this picture...

There was no information about it, so he wrote the castle. They wrote back it was the King's crest used on everyday china. The King's father designed it for him.

...
So I took this picture, and had the design turned into a image file - redrawn - and changed the scroll to our initials.

Then I worked with a firm that makes china and dishes for companies to create a salad plate with the full, new, crest for Eddie and a dinner plate with a lot of the Dragon on the edge.  They came yesterday and they are amazing...




And my Eddie loves them....