There was fogg at LAX this morning, so our flight from Palm Springs was cancelled. Our rescheduled flight was get to LAX at about 8:30, wait until 1:30 PM, then take a flight to Washington DC. Wait another 4 hours in Washington DC to get a flight to New York at midnight (on New Year's Eve).
But wait, we have a house in Palm Springs. The option we took was to go back home and do all this tomorrow.